Luxury suite at Trump Doonbeg sells for record €940,000
Gordon Deegan
A luxury suite at the Trump Doonbeg resort on Clare’s west coast has sold for a record €940,000, new figures show.
According to newly published figures on the Residential Property Price Register, they show that sale of the three-bed Suite 20 closed on April 30th.
The €940,000 is the highest ever sale recorded for a property at Trump Doonbeg, owned by US President Donald Trump, and is €140,000 more than the €800,000 for Suite 20 when it previously changed hands on September 25th 2024.
The €940,000 tops the previous highest price, €900,000 that was secured at Trump Doonbeg for Links Cottage 163 last October.
A spokesman for Trump Doonbeg said : "The recent sale of Suite 20 for €940,000 is a significant milestone for Trump Ireland, Doonbeg and reflects the continued strength of demand for luxury property at the resort.”
He said: “It highlights the enduring appeal of the destination, its unique coastal setting, and increasingly, the lifestyle buyers are seeking combining exceptional hospitality, excellent dining, 24-hour security, and a strong calendar of social and golf events throughout the year. Owners are investing not just in property, but in a unique lifestyle and community experience.
Last year, Trump Ireland, Doonbeg enjoyed record numbers joining at a cost of €25,000 to join and that increased to €30,000 in April - and annual dues depend on 'National' or 'International' status.
Those looking to purchase property at Trump Ireland Doonbeg must first become members of the resort.
Preparations at the resort continue ahead of Trump Doonbeg staging the Amgen Irish Open in September with Rory McIlroy and Shane Lowry already confirmed to play.
Last Friday, Trump Doonbeg opened the resigned 18th hole at the course and a spokesman said that the redesign “forms part of a broader programme of ongoing course enhancements and preparation works taking place across the resort ahead of the 2026 Amgen Irish Open”.
The spokesman said that "like any world-class links course, Trump Ireland continually evolves to ensure the highest standards of conditioning, playability, and championship presentation".
He said: “The updated finishing stretch will undoubtedly provide a strong and memorable test for the world’s best players. We are confident the course will provide a fantastic stage for players such as Rory McIlroy, Shane Lowry, and the international field during the Amgen Irish Open this coming September.
This month also marks the 20th anniversary of The Lodge which houses the accommodation, restaurant, bar, shop and locker rooms for golfers at the resort.
The spokesman said that General Manager Joe Russell “has also been part of that journey for over 23 years and has played an integral role in the evolution and success of the resort over the past two decades.”
The Trump Organisation has ploughed more than €40m, including the purchase price, into the resort since it came under the ownership of the Trump Organisation in February 2014.

